The expanded version of the CINAHL index, CINAHL Plus provides an even wider scope of nursing and allied health journals as well as a higher number of records, full-text and cited references. In addition, it provides full-text evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons and continuing education modules.
Comprehensive Journal Index and Additional Resources for Nursing and Allied Health Professionals
CINAHL Plus provides nurses, allied health professionals, researchers, nurse educators and students with an expanded version of CINAHL Database, the cumulative index to nursing and allied health literature. Including access to additional journals and increased content dating back to 1937, it covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
CINAHL Plus also contains nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses Association as well as access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, audiovisuals, book chapters and more.
More than 300 new subject headings have been added to CINAHL to help researchers find new concepts, including COVID-19, social distancing and vaping as well as new local terminology such as Aboriginal Canadians, First Nations of Canada, First Nations of Australia, and Torres Strait Islanders.
- An easy-to-use interface with basic and advanced search features and searchable cited references
- Subject Headings that help users effectively search and retrieve information and follow the structure of the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used by the National Library of Medicine
- Continuing education modules
- Research instruments records
- Full-text evidence-based care sheets
- Full-text quick lessons
- Author affiliations