Easily Diagnose and Learn About Infectious Diseases and Their Treatments
Use GIDEON to diagnose, treat and track information on over 350 infectious diseases from around the globe.
- Generate a country-specific diagnosis based on over 200 symptoms, signs, and laboratory data.
- Display the epidemiological profile of a selected disease and list diseases that fit a set of epidemiological parameters.
- Review over 21,000 country specific notes and pre-travel information for travelers and medical practitioners including over 35,000 outbreaks.
- Review the pharmacology and compare usage of over 300 anti-infective drugs with over 29,000 trade names.
- Review the pharmacology and usage of vaccines.
Identify and Track the Underlying Causes of Infectious Diseases
- Identify over 1,600 taxa based on phenotypic characteristics.
- View a list of the typical positive and negative reactions for a specified organism.
- Compare the reactions of two or more species.
- Access comprehensive bacteria, mycobacteria, and yeasts lists as well as over 3,000 synonyms.
eBooks by GIDEON
GIDEON eBooks are an encyclopedia of infectious diseases across all countries, worldwide. The entire series is continually updated and represent the only texts of their kind. They complement the excellent GIDEON on-line diagnostic tool and are a great addition to a library for those practicing infectious diseases, public health, global health, and even primary care. There are over 400 eBooks available in PDF that together summarize the status of individual infectious diseases – in every country of the world.
Try one out by downloading a free sample: Infectious Diseases of Haiti.