Isabel Helps Clinicians Improve Diagnosis Quality, Leading to More Cost-Effective Care Through:
- More appropriate tests and referrals
- More appropriate admissions
- Reduced length of stay
- Increased patient satisfaction
- Reduced clinical risk
- Ensuring the appropriateness of care
- Reducing litigation risk
- Supporting medical education and training
- Encouraging review of the latest evidence via DynaMed Plus
- Use as a powerful teaching tool to extend the skills of clinicians
- Clinicians can earn CME credits through the CME capture feature
- Accessible on mobile devices
- Affordable and fast implementation
A Valuable Resource at the Point of Care via EMR
Isabel is an easy to use solution that can be deployed either as an integrated part of the EMR or as a standalone application. Isabel uses the information routinely captured during the patient workup, whether free text or structured data, and instantaneously provides a differential diagnosis checklist for review. Critical “don’t miss diagnoses” are flagged and are diagnoses which could cause significant harm if they are not considered. When integrated into an EMR system, Isabel can provide “one-click” seamless diagnosis support with no additional data entry.
Seamless Integration with DynaMed
Isabel and DynaMed work together to give physicians the evidence-based information they need to provide the best care to their patients. We combine the evidence-based content from DynaMed Plus with Isabel's diagnostic process to allow users access directly at the point-of-care, regardless of whether a search begins in Isabel or DynaMed. Isabel and DynaMed’s integration provide a powerful combination of differential diagnosis support backed by the most current clinical evidence about diseases, drugs and treatments.
Isabel has set new standards for the clinical testing of decision support systems in health care, having undergone a robust, peer-reviewed validation process to demonstrate its accuracy, effectiveness and value. Dozens of articles, including independent clinical studies, multi-center collaborative studies and internal studies have appeared in prestigious peer-reviewed journals.