Created by Librarians, for Librarians
In addition to recommended youth titles, Middle & Junior High Core Collection covers review sources and other professional aids for librarians and school media specialists. Entries provide complete bibliographic data, price, subject headings, a descriptive annotation and evaluative quotations from a review when available.
Selected and recommended by specialists in library service to young people, listed books encompass a wide variety of topics for youth. Among nonfiction entries, special importance is given to works devoted to technology, personal values, and current social and political issues, with special emphasis on ethnic diversity. Fiction entries encompass a broad spectrum of contemporary and classic fiction and literary works that are of interest to young readers, including many titles that are frequently part of the school curriculum.
Titles are searchable by subject, author, grade level, Dewey Decimal number and more.
- Content for collection development, readers’ advisory and curriculum support
- Complete bibliographic data for purchasing guidance
- Coverage of graphic novels
- Full-text book reviews of recommended books
- “Similar Books” and “Other Books by this Author” suggestions in each book record
- Starred reviews, book lists and awards
View the print version of Middle and Junior High Core Collection