- More than 300 coding tutorials
- More than 30 projects
- Portfolio to display user-created websites, video games, apps, animations and programs
- New! “Share with Parents” feature that allows coders to share projects with parents, friends or family members
- Moderated discussion board for coders to access educational support
- Curriculum for Makey Makey and Raspberry Pi maker hardware devices
- Curriculum for Ozobot and Sphero codable robots
- Powerful Admin Dashboard with detailed reporting
- Remote access
- Training and support for before- or after-school code clubs
A Learn-to-Code Software for Kids
Coding is the new literacy. Yet many kids have little or no access to computer programming education. That’s where libraries come into the equation. Through the Prenda platform, libraries can provide kids ages 8-18 in your community with an engaging experience as they learn how to code. Prepare them for the jobs of the future and instill life-skills like problem solving and creative thinking.
Self-Guided Computer Programming Education
Prenda believes kids have an inherent desire to learn. The Prenda Code Club platform lets kids go at their own pace and work on projects that are interesting to them. Through numerous tutorials and projects, users will gain the skills necessary to build websites, video games, apps, animations, programs, and more. Whether a coder wants to learn how to make a website for their favorite band or an app that gives compliments to their friends, Prenda provides the roadmap to get them there. It’s fun, engaging, gamified, and ultimately helps kids take ownership over the entire experience.
Gamified Learning Experience
Prenda’s learn-to-code platform incorporates recent developments in understanding how kids learn in gamified settings. As coders complete activities, they unlock new gear and items that can be used to customize their avatar.
Prenda believes in project-based learning. This is where the real learning happens. This is the opportunity for coders to use their own creativity to build real websites, video games, apps, programs, and animations as a part of their learning journey.
The Prenda platform includes dozens of projects to help coders develop their competencies. These projects will contribute greatly to their coding education, and the cumulation of their work can function as a portfolio of evidence that they take with them into the real world.
Admin Dashboard to Make Library Management Easy
Prenda’s best-in-class administrative dashboard helps schools and libraries stay organized. Detailed reports provide the following statistics:
- Total Users
- Total Logins
- Total Coding Activities Completed
- Total Hours in Software
- Filter by System, Library or Program
- Filter by date range
Additional features include an in-app messaging system to communicate with users, as well as a password reset feature to easily assist patrons with resetting their passwords.