How (information) literate are today's college students?
Understanding who today’s college students are, what their user experience preferences are and how they view research and learning is the first step for your library to not just meet their expectations but to better anticipate their needs. This white paper covers relevant topics including:
- UX expectations of today’s Google Generation
- Current definitions of information literacy
- Common library challenges in fostering information literacy
- How a discovery platform such as EBSCO Discovery Service can help solve those challenges
- Varying research needs of first-year researchers vs. intermediate and advanced researchers