LAST UPDATED: May 6, 2020
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with EBSCO Information Services and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, do not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website or portions of it using your username, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by EBSCO Information Services, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by contract law and United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- If applicable, as expressly permitted in a separate written agreement between EBSCO Information Services and the entity or institution that makes the Website available to you (a “Separate Agreement”).
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print, download, or distribute copies of pages of the Website for your commercial use (if permitted under a Separate Agreement) or your personal, non-commercial use, as applicable, and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution unless authorized in writing by EBSCO Information Services. All copies must include the following copyright notice: " © 2020 EBSCO Information Services. All rights reserved." and other copyright and proprietary notices, if any, contained on the Website.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- modify copies of any materials from the Website;
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
EBSCO Information Services, and its associated logos, and all page headers, custom graphics, and other icons are service marks, trademarks, registered service marks, or registered trademarks of EBSCO Information Services. All other product names and company logos mentioned on the Website or in the information or content contained therein are trademarks of their respective owners. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, you agree that you will not use any such trademarks, service marks, trade dress, or other logos from the Website without the prior written authorization of EBSCO Information Services. You agree that you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, legal, or proprietary notices in or on any portions of the Website or the content contained therein.
EBSCO Information Services accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, EBSCO Information Services reserves the right to terminate your use of the Website or the content contained therein if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, regardless of whether such alleged infringement is a first-time or repeat occurrence and/or whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.
- not to use the Website in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in relevant jurisdictions (including, without limitation, any laws or regulations regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other relevant countries);
- not to use the Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- that you will not use the Website for any purposes related to marketing without EBSCO Information Services’ express written consent;
- not to access (or attempt to access) the Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by EBSCO Information Services;
- not to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Website without EBSCO Information Services’ express written consent;
- not to edit or otherwise modify any content on the Website;
- not to impersonate or attempt to impersonate EBSCO Information Services, an EBSCO Information Services employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing);
- not to engage in any activity (including the use of any device, software, or routine) that interferes with or disrupts the Website (or the servers, networks, and databases which are connected to the Website), including any other party's use of the Website;
- not to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm EBSCO Information Services or users of the Website or expose them to liability;
- not to use (or attempt to use) any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- not to use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- not to introduce any spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, rootkits, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Website (or the servers, networks, and databases connected to the Website);
- not to use the Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, disrupt, or circumvent any security features of, any parts of the Website (or the servers, networks, and databases connected to the Website);
- not to attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by EBSCO Information Services, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of EBSCO Information Services. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Social Media Features and Linking to the Website
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other website.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You may not link to our homepage unless it is done in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
EBSCO Information Services is based in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the United States of America. We make no representations that the Website and its content are appropriate or available for use in all locations. Use of or access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries.By using or accessing the Website, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your own jurisdiction.
By using or accessing the Website, you acknowledge that you understand your personal information will be transmitted to the United States, and unless prohibited by applicable law, you acknowledge and accept all liability and responsibility arising from the transmission of such information to the United States.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that content available from the Internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection, information security, accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Website for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) AND OTHER EQUIPMENT THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EBSCO INFORMATION SERVICES, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR OTHER RELATED ENTITIES, OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
General Representation and Warranty
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
If you have feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website, please contact us using the contact details below and we will do our best to assist you:
EBSCO Information Services
Attn: Customer Support
10 Estes Street
Ipswich, MA 01938
or via telephone: