Summer Reading 2020 most likely looked different at your library this year. And back to school might also! Though your services might have pivoted to online resources, virtual events, and curbside pickup, we must not forget, September is Library Card Sign-up Month. And we’re here to help!
- We’ve got you covered with creating materials. LibraryAware is your #LCSUM BFF and can help with its colorful and customizable #LCSUM templates.
- Make it a virtual event! Okotoks Public Library has moved all library card renewals and new registrations online and has shared the event on social media with a customized template.
- Watch a replay of the webinar with our partners at EveryLibrary: Promoting Library Card Sign-up Month (from inside and outside the library). Panelists discussed ways to use marketing and awareness-building resources, along with practical tips and strategies for a successful #LCSUM.
- Perhaps now more than ever is the partnership between school and public libraries. Consider all of the potential partnerships that exist in your community.
- Like everything in the world right now, you might be reconsidering or changing up the way you do things. But the message is the same. Instead of door-to-door or out in the community events, think email campaigns and phone banking!
Anything else we can do or create to help you with your #LCSUM? Let us know!