Do you use the Alerts feature in NoveList to help keep up with the content you and your readers need? Search alerts in NoveList can save time with the variety of things you do in a given day, whether it’s helping that particular reader, keeping displays stocked, or planning for storytimes.
If you’re new to search alerts, learn how to get them set up with this short tutorial.
Once you’re all set up, try some of these five ideas for alerts to help you stay on top of things without any extra work. Set up alerts for:
- that niche reader who loves intricately plotted mystery novels set during World War II. Or any self-assured reader who knows exactly what they like to read.
- the latest book in a series for those devoted fans of Children of Blood and Bone or the latest in the Broken Earth series. When they come into the library to pick up the next in the series, you can have it ready and waiting.
- a potential book club pick. Use the search string RV “book clubs” to help with choices for your book clubs or to recommend to patrons seeking ideas for titles for their own book clubs. Interested in what the celebs have picked for their book clubs? Search MM book club. (And read more about our Book Club Best Bets.)
- articles about a particular genre — Horror, in the fall; or Romance, in February. Great for finding book display fodder!
- Storytime standouts that are tried and true crowd-pleasers. Search GN storytime standouts.
What search alerts do you use, for your own reading or for your patrons? Let us know!
Interested in receiving more content like this?
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter NoveList News.