Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus
Designed for libraries in Australia and New Zealand, this resource provides the largest collection of full text from leading regional and international periodicals, full-text reference books, full-text biographies and a collection of images containing photos, maps and flags.
The Largest Collection of Regional Full-Text Content for Australia and New Zealand Libraries
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus combines Australasian magazines, newspapers, newswires, biographies and reference books to create the largest collection of regional full-text content available to libraries in Australia and New Zealand. Unique periodical titles include:
- Australian Financial Review
- Choice, the region’s top consumer review magazine
In addition, the database contains in-depth biographies to assist students in completing research papers and projects about well-known regional personalities. These biographies feature detailed information about prominent people from Australia and New Zealand including:
- Chef Curtis Stone
- Actress Portia de Rossi
- Singer/songwriter Lorde
- Athlete Tim Cahill and more
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus can be accessed via EBSCOhost, EBSCO Discovery Service or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.
These search interfaces include productivity tools such as autocomplete, text-to-speech for HTML articles, citation help and the ability to save content to Google Drive.
Secondary School Curriculum Support
Educators using Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus will find a variety of text types (source types) to enhance curriculum delivery across disciplines. Here are a few learning objectives that the content in this database can support:
- Comprehend multi-modal texts through listening, reading, and viewing
- Link and summarise information from different sources
- Identify embedded perspectives and evaluate supporting evidence
New Zealand Curriculum:
- Understand how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences
- Understand ideas within, across and beyond texts
- Integrate sources of information, processes and strategies to identify, form and express ideas