- Full text for leading Australia/New Zealand magazines, newspapers and newswires
- More than 60,000 full-text biographies, including nearly 170 in-depth biographies of prominent regional personalities including chef Curtis Stone, actress Portia de Rossi, singer/songwriter Lorde, athlete Tim Cahill and more
- Australian Financial Review
- Choice, the region's top provider of consumer product reviews
- Full text for leading Australia/New Zealand reference books
- An image collection of more than 1.9 million photos, maps and flags
- Video encyclopedia of the 20th century
Catering to the Research Needs of Australia and New Zealand
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus combines Australasian magazines, newspapers, newswires, biographies and reference books to create the largest collection of regional full-text content available to libraries in Australia and New Zealand.
Unique periodical titles include Australian Financial Review and Choice, the region’s top consumer review magazine.
In addition, the database contains in-depth biographies to assist students in completing research papers and projects about well-known regional personalities. These biographies feature detailed information about famous actors, artists, athletes, politicians and other prominent people from Australia and New Zealand.
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus can be accessed via EBSCOhost, EBSCO Discovery Service or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.
School Curriculum Support
Educators using Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Plus will find a variety of text types (source types) to enhance curriculum delivery across disciplines. Here are a few learning objectives that the content in this database can support:
- Comprehend multi-modal texts through listening, reading, and viewing
- Link and summarise information from different sources
- Identify embedded perspectives and evaluate supporting evidence
New Zealand Curriculum
- Understand how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences
- Understand ideas within, across and beyond texts
- Integrate sources of information, processes and strategies to identify, form and express ideas