The new Explora experience for schools and public libraries ensures that students, educators and library patrons can quickly find the reliable information they need to complete homework and research projects, deliver robust school curriculum, achieve their professional goals and satisfy their intellectual curiosity.
A tailored research experience for your users
Multiple versions of the Explora interface provide unique, age-appropriate content for primary schools, secondary schools and public libraries. Explora provides an optimized search experience for a variety of EBSCO databases and database packages, such as those listed below, as well as other popular EBSCO resources. Request more information about these databases/packages and try them with Explora:
Tools to Increase Student Productivity and Engagement
- Simplified access via Clever SSO, Google Sign In and other authentication methods
- Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive integration for easy saving and sharing of content
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers, auditory learners and those developing English-language proficiency (coming soon)
- Ability to view, save, print and email citations in many different formats (MLA, APA, etc.)
- Citation tool to help students format references/works cited; option to export citations to NoodleTools, EasyBib and other bibliographic management platforms
- Personal folders for organizing research projects and saving materials across devices
Support for Educators
- Integration with Google Classroom, enabling educators to easily share content with students
- Free LTI v1.3-certified faculty apps for Schoology, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle and Desire2Learn (D2L) enable teachers to search for EBSCO content and embed links to full text, all from within their learning management system (LMS)
- Reading level indicators (Lexile Measures) to simplify discovery of texts that match students’ reading abilities and support differentiated instruction
- Curriculum Standards Module (U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand) with recommended search strings to help educators quickly find EBSCO content that aligns with curriculum standards across subject areas
Other Explora Features
- Option to include your EBSCO eBooks subscription
- Full-text translation in more than 30 languages for HTML articles
- COPPA compliance, meaning EBSCO won’t ask users for personal information
Ready to get started with Explora?
Try it with one of our school or public library databases.
Already an Explora customer?
Access FAQS, tutorials, educator resources and more.