- More than 920,000 biographical entries
- Links to more than 700,000 related full-text articles, as well as abstracts and images from thousands of periodicals
- More than 4 million records
- A searchable collection of more than 35,000 images
- Substantive narrative profiles averaging 3,000 words in length
Our students love using EBSCO. In such an overwhelming information culture, they are able to tailor their searches so they can get the information they want.
— Meg McDermott, School & Community Partnership Organizer, St. Stephen's Youth Programs
Biography Reference Bank allows you to quickly find the content you are looking for. Users can search for individuals based on any combination of occupation, activity, gender, place of origin, birthday and lifespan. Results can be limited by source type, and searchable indexes can be used to browse by biography name, document type, geographic terms and more.
This collection of original content is continuously supplemented with new biographies and updated versions of preexisting articles, giving users up-to-date information on featured subjects.
Notable Sources Include:
- Current Biography
- New Grove Music
- New Grove Artists
- H.W. Wilson Biographical series (Junior Authors, Composers, World Authors)
- Library of North American Bio Series