Combining information from major respected reference works, books, literary journals and original content from EBSCO, Literary Reference Center features an expansive collection of author biographies, plot summaries and full-text essays from leading publishers. It also includes literary reference books and monographs, cover-to-cover full text for literary magazines and book reviews from the most prestigious publications. It offers poems from hundreds of sources, short stories, classic texts, author interviews and much more.
Additional Highlights Include:
- Reference texts including Beacham’s Research Guide to Biography and Criticism (six volumes), The Oxford Illustrated History of English Literature, and all of MagillOnLiterature Plus
- Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature & Criticism featuring nearly 10,000 entries
- Informational texts on numerous literary genres, themes and forms, as well as critical essays on specific works and authors
- Research Guide to Literary Research, Writing and Critical Reading
- Literary glossary featuring more than 1,700 terms
- Lesson plans to support classroom instruction
- Rich multimedia content to enhance curriculum delivery
School Curriculum Support
Available via EBSCOhost, Explora, or its own dedicated interface, Literary Reference Center contains a collection of informational texts on numerous literary genres, themes and forms, as well as critical essays on specific works and authors. Students can also find helpful research guides, a citation tool and literary glossary.
Literary Reference Center also features dozens of lesson plans and a link to EBSCO's Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that can help teachers in U.S. and Canada correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state- or province-specific curriculum standards. The module provides browsing of specific benchmarks, many which have recommended search strings for successful content retrieval.
Literary Reference Center offers students and educators the following functionality:
- Mobile-friendly interface available 24/7 via desktop, smartphone or tablet — both at school and at home
- Simple search box for keyword, author and title searching
- Autocomplete and spell checker to ensure the correct search terms are applied
- Easy-to-browse categories of most studied authors and works
- Ability to sort search results by content type, publication date, subject or publication
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist auditory learners, struggling readers or those learning English
- Personal folders for saving and sharing content
- Ability to browse publications and other search indexes (such as images)
- Citation tool to help students format bibliographic references
- Ability to save, print and e-mail citations directly from the interface
- Google Classroom integration, allowing educators using Google Apps for Education to quickly share content with students