- Nonfiction articles and reference texts
- Comprehension tests
- Step-by-step research guides
- "Read Out Loud" text-to-speech tool that enables students to highlight and listen to text
- Lexile Measures to indicate a text's level of reading difficulty
- Links to related articles leading students to further content that increases topic comprehension
New Topics Include:
- Stem Cells
- Cyber Security
- Identify Theft
- BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- Nelson Mandela
- Aung San Suu Kyi
- Linus Pauling
- Jeff Bezos
- Mark Zuckerberg
Read It! content covers a wide range of subject areas including science, math, history, culture, civics, literature and life skills. Articles are written at an appropriate level, using adaptive vocabulary and sentence structure to deliver essential content for learning and research. Comprehension supports include post-reading quizzes and answers.
School Curriculum Support
Core curriculum content includes more than 1,300 foundation articles focusing on topics covered in the U.S. curriculum as well as Canadian history and culture. Articles are supplemented by curated content to enhance topic knowledge and understanding. All content is designed to support English-language reading proficiency and comprehension as well as general literacy, research, note-taking and academic writing.
Read It! also links to EBSCO's Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that can help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state or provincial curriculum standards. The module provides browsing of specific benchmarks, many which have recommended search strings for successful content retrieval.
Note: Read It! was formerly known as English Language Learner Reference Center.