Science Reference Source
Science Reference Source provides full text for hundreds of science magazines, journals, reference books and high-quality videos. The database also contains science experiments, curriculum-aligned lesson plans, and a vast image collection.
Rich Full-Text Content to Support High School Science Classrooms
Available via EBSCOhost, Explora or its own dedicated interface, Science Reference Center allows users to conduct keyword searches or browse topics by branch of science. In addition to full-text periodicals, books, biographies and essays, it includes:
- More than 1,850 science videos from top educational publishers including Boclips, Media4Math and Nature Picture Library
- Thousands of high-quality science images from UPI, Getty, NASA and Nature Picture Library
Based in the U.K., Nature Picture Library provides thousands of stunning photographs from more than 300 of the world’s best nature and wildlife photographers. The collection features images of wild animals and plant species from around the world, pets, people, landscapes and the environment.
Intuitive User Experience
Available through Explora, Science Reference Source offers a variety of features and functionality to support research success and productivity. In addition to simple and advanced search options and powerful filters, researchers have the ability to explore topics by category, including:
- Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Health and Wellness
- Scientists and Innovators
- Space Sciences and Astronomy
Each category breaks down into popular, colloquial or curriculum-based subtopics that are logical for all users and friendlier to younger or novice researchers. Clicking on the subtopic brings the user to a page with a topic overview, related subtopics and overview articles, sample search results (with the option to view all results) and a carousel of relevant e-books (if available).
Visit the Explora page to learn about additional features, functionality and integrations.
School Curriculum and Instruction Support
By providing a wide range of topics, Science Reference Center satisfies the demand for standards-based content by providing teachers and librarians with articles correlated to state and national curriculum standards. The database contains a wealth of informational texts as well as real-world examples of the application of mathematical concepts in scientific research. Features and benefits include:
- Lexile reading measures to simplify discovery of texts that match students’ reading abilities
- Lesson plans aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that helps teachers in the U.S. and Canada correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state or provincial curriculum standards