Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre
Designed for libraries in Australia and New Zealand, this multidisciplinary database includes a sizable full-text collection of leading regional and international periodicals, reference e-books, biographies and images.
Catering to the Research Needs of Australia and New Zealand
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre provides full text for leading Australia/New Zealand magazines, newspapers and newswires.
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre can be accessed via EBSCOhost or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.
Secondary School Curriculum Support
Educators using Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre will find a variety of text types (source types) to enhance curriculum delivery across disciplines. Here are a few learning objectives that the content in this database can support:
- Comprehend multi-modal texts through listening, reading and viewing
- Link and summarise information from different sources
- Identify embedded perspectives and evaluate supporting evidence
New Zealand Curriculum:
- Understand how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences
- Understand ideas within, across, and beyond texts
- Integrate sources of information, processes and strategies to identify, form and express ideas