Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre
Designed for libraries in Australia and New Zealand, this database provides a thriving collection of leading regional and international periodicals, full-text reference books, full-text biographies and a collection of images containing photos, maps and flags.
Catering to the Research Needs of Australia and New Zealand
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre provides full text for leading Australia/New Zealand magazines, newspapers and newswires and includes content from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
In addition, this database provides full text for leading Australia/New Zealand reference books including:
- Australian Marine Fish
- Australian Wildlife
- Australian Encyclopedia – About Australia
- Australian Encyclopedia – History of Australia
- New Zealand
Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre can be accessed via EBSCOhost or Explora, EBSCO's dedicated interface for schools and public libraries.
Secondary School Curriculum Support
Educators using Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre will find a variety of text types (source types) to enhance curriculum delivery across disciplines. Here are a few learning objectives that the content in this database can support:
- Comprehend multi-modal texts through listening, reading and viewing
- Link and summarise information from different sources
- Identify embedded perspectives and evaluate supporting evidence
New Zealand Curriculum:
- Understand how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences
- Understand ideas within, across, and beyond texts
- Integrate sources of information, processes and strategies to identify, form and express ideas