Health and Wellness Issues: Understanding Science, Society, and Yourself
Health and Wellness Issues by ABC-CLIO enables students to better understand the health and wellness issues affecting them, their peers, and our greater society through a multitude of authoritative reference entries and expert perspective essays.
Dive Deep into Today's Top Health-Related Issues
Health and Wellness Issues: Understanding Science, Society, and Yourself dives deep into today's top health-related issues, exploring their historical contexts, current complexities, impacts on physical and mental well-being, and global reach.
Authoritative yet accessible reference content includes the insightful perspectives of a diverse group of experts, giving students the full picture on complex and controversial concepts.
Through its collection of carefully curated primary and secondary sources, this multifaceted database offers students a rich resource for school learning and research as well as personal explorations. Key features include:
- Detailed explanations of the structure and function of all 14 major body systems, augmented with stunning anatomical illustrations
- Two dozen Perspectives that feature scholars' insights on a wide variety of controversies and debates, fostering critical thinking and analytical skills among students
- Monthly commentaries written by a professional advisory board that help contextualize current health news
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
Topic Centers Include:
- Diet and Lifestyle
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Environmental and Public Health
- Medical Care and Treatments
- Mental, Emotional, and Social Health
- Sexual Health and Identity
- Violence, Abuse, and Discrimination
Please note: Some of the subject matter in this database contains explicit language on sensitive topics. We invite you to participate in a free trial to ensure the content falls within the guidelines of your institution.