UK & Ireland Reference Centre
Combining British and Irish magazines, newspapers and reference books with other international resources, UK & Ireland Reference Centre is an indispensable collection of full-text research content. An ideal resource for students and educators of secondary-level schools and sixth form colleges, the database supports classrooms lessons, student learning and independent research.
Help Students Develop Research and Digital Literacy Skills
Provide students easy access to reliable online information — anytime, anywhere, from any computer or mobile device. UK & Ireland Reference Centre’s intuitive search and retrieval options, including source type and subject limiters, enable students to quickly locate relevant resources and feel more successful in their research.
UK & Ireland Reference Center Includes:
- Full-text articles (from magazines, newspapers, reference books, biographies and more) that reflect multiple perspectives, encourage critical thinking and promote cultural understanding
- Popular regional publications including New Statesman, The Times (London), The Sun and The Daily Mail as well as international content from Time, Consumer Reports, National Geographic and Newsweek Global
- Multimedia content such as photos, maps, graphs, charts, and images to enhance teaching and learning
Productivity Tools Include:
- Google Drive and Google Classroom integrations for easy saving and sharing of content
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to support struggling readers, auditory learners and those developing English-language proficiency
- Citation tool to help students format references