Can your library benefit from a fresh look at readers’ advisory service? While some libraries are investing in maker spaces and new technologies, many libraries are focusing their attention on updating this foundational service.
Join us for an engaging and informative discussion as three libraries reveal why their attention is now on helping readers find the perfect read.
We’ll explore answers to these questions:
- Do you know what readers want most from your library?
- How do you measure your RA service?
- What are the most important things to consider in designing and delivering RA services?
Robin Nesbitt, Manager, Columbus Metropolitan Library
Jackie Parker, Lead Librarian for Readers’ Services, Sno-Isle Libraries
Becky Spratford, Readers' Advisory Librarian, Berwyn Public Library
Duncan Smith, Vice President, NoveList (moderator)
This webinar is archived. Click below to watch the recording.
Resources from the presentation
- Slides from the presentation
- Ready for an RA Makeover? Checklist of Questions (pdf)
- 15 Ways to Makeover Your RA: Part I | Part 2 | Part 3
- Aspen Institute Report: Dialogue with Public Libraries
- The State of Readers' Advisory: A Survey by NoveList and Library Journal
- Becky’s 10 Rules of Basic RA Service
- The Browser’s Corner
- Becky’s 4 RA Training Tips for a Great 2015
- RA for All (blog)