14 Discipline-specific Databases
- American Government
- American History
- American Mosaic: The African American Experience
- American Mosaic: The American Indian Experience
- American Mosaic: The Latino American Experience
- Daily Life Through History
- Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society
- Modern Genocide: Understanding Causes and Consequence
- Pop Culture Universe: Icons, Idols, Ideas
- World Geography: Understanding a Changing World
- World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras
- World History: The Modern Era
- World Religions: Belief, Culture and Controversy
- World At War: Understanding Conflict and Society
In each of the suite’s 14 dynamic and discipline-specific databases, researchers are empowered to broaden their understandings, analyze historical and societal complexities, and develop innovative and informed perspectives.
Contributions from more than 3,000 field scholars and regular updates ensure researchers are always accessing relevant and credible material. In every database, investigations into critical topics yield three integrated but distinct content components to support thesis-driven research:
- A robust reference library that draws from 200,000+ primary and secondary sources, including media and data
- Original journal articles, authored by leading academics and vetted by advisory boards of credentialed experts, that offer varied viewpoints on the complexities and nuances inherent in the discipline to serve as both sources and exemplars of evidence-based scholarly thought
- A course companion, designed to complement coursework and guide student exploration
The 14 databases that comprise the ABC-CLIO suite span the humanities, from core disciplines like American history to emergent fields of study, including modern genocide and popular culture. Within each database, a reference library, journal articles, and a course companion unite to offer truly comprehensive coverage of each area.
Vetted and Relevant Scholarship
Meaningful research demands the latest authoritative scholarship, and this is especially crucial in living disciplines like history. All material found in the ABC-CLIO suite is authored by accomplished academics and vetted by database-specific advisory boards, while daily updates across the suite ensure that this expert content evolves to reflect changing understandings and developments in the field.
Both browsing and linear learning are supported by the databases’ topic center structure, with each topic center housing a variety of relevant content including primary sources, reference material, and journal articles.
A Legacy of Leadership
Over its more than 60 years of service to the academic community, the ABC-CLIO name has become synonymous with credible and timely reference content, exceptional scholarship, and innovative platforms. ABC-CLIO databases were at the leading edge of the industry’s digital shift more than a decade ago and continue to successfully pioneer inventive approaches to content and delivery, as evidenced by an array of respected awards and honors, including the prestigious Dartmouth Medal.