Key Content and Features
- More than 21,000 primary and secondary sources, including documents, images, maps, and audio/video recordings
- More than 2,300 biographies of key figures in government and contemporary U.S. politics, including current and past presidents, Supreme Court justices, governors, senators and representatives
- Activities on such fundamental concepts as "Origins of U.S. Political Parties," "How a Bill Becomes a Law," and "Mass Media and Politics" that invite learners to examine issues from all angles
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Commentaries from noted scholars that reflect multiple points of view and stimulate critical thinking
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
This attractively designed database will help students learn about and become engaged in the political process...Students will enjoy digging into the good content and strategically placed links.
— Library Journal
Users can learn through a wealth of short biographies, videos, quotes and primary source documents. This database provides authoritative information, while also moving students toward active, informed, thoughtful citizenship.
Designed to Support Curriculum
To meet the needs of curricular standards for American Government courses, this database is aligned with major textbooks as well as state-specific standards and Common Core. In addition, curricular elements are organized by topic, including the three branches of government, rights and liberties, as well as local, state, national and international systems.
This essential resource supports students and teachers researching the history and workings of the U.S. government, from George Washington to the current administration and includes current events coverage that provides trustworthy, unbiased information.