Enhance Student Research and Understanding of Over 50 World Religions
Available in both academic and school versions, World Religions: Belief, Culture and Controversy offers students a deep survey of more than 50 past and present religions practiced throughout the world.
The database presents thousands of primary and secondary sources that examine core beliefs, customs and practices, celebrations, key events, sacred places, and significant figures. Additional features include:
- Peer-reviewed essays on long-standing or current debates that allow readers to examine and learn from professional scholars in the field of religion
- Feature stories that examine the role of religion in current events
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
Topic Centers Include:
- Chinese Religions
- New Religions
- Traditional Religions
- Western Esotericism
- Other Faiths and Beliefs
The advisor for this collection of dynamic, regularly updated content is J. Gordon Melton, PhD, author of more than 40 scholarly texts and reference books on the topic of religion, and a Distinguished Senior Fellow of the Institute for Religious Studies at Baylor University in Texas.