Key Content and Features
- More than 7,300 primary sources, including treaties and proclamations, speeches, newsreel footage, biographies, and photographs
- More than 70 era explorations and numerous interactive study and teaching tools
- More than 250 country overviews of nations from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, including important nation-states of the past such as Bohemia and Westphalia
- In-depth coverage of the history of all regions of the world from 1500 to the present, aligned to curriculum guidelines
- Investigate Activities specifically designed to engage young minds and provide instructors with the necessary tools for lively, historical inquiry lessons
- More than 270 Course Essential Video modules recorded by master teachers and scholars
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing, critical thinking and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
World History: The Modern Era covers a broad range of topics including the evolution of modern Europe; concurrent developments in Asia, Africa, and the Islamic world; the global impact of the Industrial Revolution; and the last 100 years of conflicts and international cooperation.
Organized chronologically and thematically, World History: The Modern Era is a valuable research tool that can serve as a study aid for test preparation or as the sole content for a world history course. This database is available in both academic and school versions.