- More than 16,000 primary and secondary sources, including photos, government documents, maps, and audio/video clips
- More than 100 topical overviews and 3,500 biographies of famous figures
- Chronologically and thematically organized content, linking reference, curriculum, and analysis of current events
- Support for different learning styles using a variety of approaches to American history while meeting all standards-based curriculum requirements
- Examinations of the connections between past and future events, with special coverage of issues of continuing relevance
- 2011 Best Education Software Award (BESSIE) - ComputEd Gazette
- 2011 Education Software Review Award (EDDIE) - ComputEd Gazette
- 2008 Award of Excellence - Tech and Learning
- 2008 Education Software Review Award (EDDIE) - ComputEd Gazette
- 2008 Best Education Software Award (BESSIE) - ComputEd Gazette
The American History website is a remarkable tool that will give learning U.S. history new appeal to young adults. Students will enjoy using it and it will give teachers the opportunity to teach U.S. history in a new and exciting format.
American Reference Books Annual
Available in both academic and school versions, American History moves student researchers beyond the simple memorizing of names and dates toward a deeper understanding of America's fascinating, complex story including its earliest origins, westward expansion, social movements, internal conflicts, and defining moments.
A database to complement American history courses
Integrating American politics, science, culture, philosophy, and economics, this authoritative database explores the ongoing development of the United States. Aligned with major textbooks and research-driven best practices, American History offers a uniquely complete American history library collection and also serves as a dependable online resource for research-ready reference, projects and exam preparation.
Created in collaboration with scholars, educators, and librarians, American History provides students with citation information at their fingertips and a highly visual and engaging interface.