Key Content and Features
- More than 8,500 primary and secondary sources including government documents, noteworthy speeches, facts and figures, newspaper articles, political cartoons, photos and more
- More than 1,700 biographies of important political and cultural figures
- More than 600 maps, including political and topographical by country and world region
- More than 200 country overviews, each providing a portrait of the nation’s location, people, culture, political history and economy
- Historical inquiry lessons focused on key global-political questions
- In-depth stories on relevant issues across the world today
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Commentaries written by noted scholars that reflect multiple points of view and stimulate critical thinking
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
Enhance Understanding with Study Enrichment
Available in academic and school versions, this unique resource offers students the ability to research by region, category, and country and make demographic comparisons among each. By emphasizing the unique characteristics of the world's nations and people, World Geography: Understanding a Changing World seeks to help students become more informed citizens.
Through specialized sections like Overview and Analyze, as well as an Advanced Search feature, researchers, students and teachers will learn about country-specific holidays and celebrations and read balanced feature stories that offer an in-depth look at international issues such as illiteracy, population growth, common currency, natural resources, GDP per capita, and more.