World Geography: Understanding a Changing World
From ABC-CLIO, this educational resource develops students' global literacy, focusing on the geographic, political, social, economic, and cultural forces that influence our world.
Help Students Develop Global Literacy
Available in academic and school versions, World Geography: Understanding a Changing World offers students the ability to research by region, category, and country and make demographic comparisons among each.
By emphasizing the unique characteristics of the world's nations and people, this resource seeks to help students become more informed citizens. Features include:
- Historical inquiry lessons focused on key global-political questions
- In-depth stories on relevant issues across the world today
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Commentaries written by noted scholars that reflect multiple points of view and stimulate critical thinking
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more
Enhance Understanding with Study Enrichment
Through specialized sections like Overview and Analyze, as well as an Advanced Search feature, researchers, students and teachers will learn about country-specific holidays and celebrations and read balanced feature stories that offer an in-depth look at international issues such as illiteracy, population growth, common currency, natural resources, GDP per capita, and more.
- North America
- Central America and the Caribbean
- South America
- Russia, the Caucasus, and Central Asia
- East and Southeast Asia
- South Asia
- Southwest Asia and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Oceania and Antarctica