This bibliography is intended for students and scholars interested in any aspect, discipline or sub-region of Asia. Through its extensive bibliographical coverage, it is an excellent means for discovering citations and the full-text of Western-language journal articles, review articles, conference proceedings and chapters in edited volumes and Festschriften published anywhere in the world that deal with East, Southeast and South Asia and with the overseas Asian communities.
- Over 900,000 citations, dating primarily from 1971 onwards, with more than 400,000 citations since 1992
- All entries are easily searchable by author, title, year of publication, place of publication, language of publication, journal title, country, subject, keyword, ISSN and ISBN
- Coverage of many important journals as well as chapters in edited volumes including publications from Asia that are not indexed elsewhere
- Unique index access to the contents of edited volumes, conference proceedings, anthologies, Festschriften and similar publications
- Content is indexed according to relevant subject fields for easy and effective searching
- Includes the full content of the printed volumes of the annual Bibliography of Asian Studies dating back to 1971
A Valuable Resource for Asian Studies
Several hundred journals that focus on Asia are indexed in the BAS. Many of the more important ones are promptly indexed once they become available. Articles on Asia-related topics from selected journals that do not deal primarily with Asia also are included. In addition, some special projects – among them one that focused on journals on Southeast Asia dating as far back as 1779 – have contributed further records to the BAS database.