- Non-evaluative English (and French) abstracts of scholarly articles in more than 900 journals
- All abstracts published since International Political Science Abstracts, Volume One (1951)
- Approximately 8,000 new records each year
- Indexing of book reviews published in the major scholarly journals (new in 2018!)
- Indexing of edited works, including chapters and authors – a novel resource found only in International Political Science Abstracts (new in 2018!)
- Political method and theory
- Political thinkers and ideas
- Governmental and administrative institutions
- Political process
- International relations
- Foreign policy
IPSA is an indispensable tool for work in the fields of political science, political sociology, political psychology, political communications, international relations, international law, human rights, conflict studies, ethnic studies and related fields.
A unique global resource, IPSA provides rapid access to scholarly publications from every region of the world, featuring English (and French) abstracts for journals published in languages from Arabic to Urdu, including journals published in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Germany, Spanish and all the Nordic languages.
Unique Content in EBSCOhost
Of the nearly 400,000 records provided in International Political Science Abstracts, nearly half are available exclusively on EBSCOhost. Users have access to all abstracts published since Volume One (1951), as well as the approximately 8,000 new records added each year.
Links to Full-Text
IPSA complements Academic Search Ultimate and Political Science Complete, and searchers can link to hundreds of full-text titles in those databases from the result list.