The complete MLA International Bibliography:
- 2.8 million detailed bibliographic citations documenting the scholarly record from the early 20th century forward
- Indexing by the MLA’s staff of highly trained subject matter experts and by contributing scholars
- Access to the MLA Thesaurus and the Directory of Periodicals
1,000 full text journals:
- Many of the most-used journals in the MLA International Bibliography, such as Applied Linguistics, Critique, Comparative Literature, Renaissance Quarterly and College Composition & Communication
- 3-year backfile of the top 100 journals
- Extensive backfiles to Volume 1, Issue 1 for over 45 journals
The MLA International Bibliography covers scholarship in a broad range of Humanities disciplines related to global literatures and languages. Coverage includes materials published in more than 100 countries and in more than 50 languages, in the areas of literatures and languages from around the world, covering:
- literary theory and criticism
- dramatic arts (film, television, video, theater, radio, opera)
- rhetoric and composition
- college-level teaching of literature, language and writing
- history of printing and publishing
MLA Directory of Periodicals
Subscriptions include full access to the MLA Directory of Periodicals, which provides detailed information on more than 6,000 journals and book series that fall within the scope of the bibliography.
In addition to the bibliography, the database includes the MLA Thesaurus, the association's controlled vocabulary used to assign descriptors to each record in the bibliography. It also provides a searchable directory of authors' names with links to brief descriptive notes. The MLA Thesaurus includes names of persons, languages, groups, genres, stylistic and structural features, themes, sources, influences, processes, theories and other related topics.
View MLA International Bibliography on EBSCO tutorial videos.
Improve your research skills with the MLA's free online mini-course.