At a time when not only technology is constantly changing and developing, but users’ needs and preferences are changing as well, EBSCO is excited to introduce the redesigned Flipster interface which offers a more intuitive, accessible and user-friendly design. With extensive user research and customer feedback at the forefront of the design strategy, the new interface offers library users a more modern and efficient search and reading experience across all devices. Watch the video.
Five Benefits of the New Flipster Experience:
1. Increased back issue visibility. While the new interface continues to offer instant access to popular digital magazines from any location, it now offers hassle-free access to back issues from any location as well. With increased back issue visibility, users can easily locate and view back issues within seconds. Users will enjoy the appealing, browsable format that can be easily incorporated into school as well as academic curriculums for both students conducting research and teachers building course reading lists or searching for ready-made lesson plans.
2. Simplified browsing with category list and carousel display. The new Flipster interface offers a convenient list of categories to provide users with a visual entry point for browsing popular magazine topics and subject areas. This may spark a user’s interest in one of the many niche and diverse categories offered through Flipster. You can keep users in the loop about the most recent issues in a library’s collection through the homepage carousel display which is a great way to promote usage at your library. Users can also access the newest magazines available displayed in order by release date by clicking on “Browse All.”
Additionally, the new interface will only show digital magazine categories that your library subscribes to on the Flipster homepage, so patrons are directed to magazines already in your collection. Using the search bar, Flipster magazines are searchable by keyword, title, publisher, category and ISSN.
3. New language filter. “Language” is also now available as a filter when pulling up search results. On top of utilizing the Language filter, users are also able to look up specific language magazines while using the search bar by simply adding “LA” before the name of the language they are interested in. For example, if looking for Finnish language titles, users could enter “LA Finnish” into the search bar or add this to their existing search.
4. Ability to pull permalinks. New enhancements also include the ability to now take permalinks from the browser address bar. This improves ease of access, especially when utilizing digital magazines in the classroom or for easily sharing ideas with friends and colleagues.
5. Discoverability in EBSCOhost, EDS and Explora. Flipster magazines are discoverable in the new EBSCOhost, EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) and Explora interfaces, making it the perfect complement to your existing EBSCO products and services.
Please note that no action is needed on your part for access to the new Flipster Interface, and that existing direct URLs to Flipster, permalinks found in MARC records, and links to Flipster magazines from our carousel widget will redirect and continue to work.
Also note that this release will not affect the dedicated Flipster Mobile Apps. Users will benefit from an updated mobile view of the web interface to make access easier on the go.
For students conducting research or looking for a legitimate news source, teachers building lesson plans and patrons looking for information on world events or even learning a new hobby or skill, the new Flipster interface makes it easier for them to unlock creative pathways accomplish their goals.
Choose from more than 1,200 digital magazines on a variety of topics or add to your existing collection using EBSCOhost Collection Manager (ECM).
Flipster also received the highest platinum distinction from the Modern Library Awards (MLA) for the sixth year in a row. Created by LibraryWorks and judged by librarians, the MLAs recognize the top products in the library industry.
Visit the Flipster website to learn more about Flipster digital magazines, sign up for our newsletter or to request more information.