- More than 20 million records
- More than 4,500 active journals
- Abstracted publications from more than 500 different publishers, including society publishers such as IEEE, AIP, AIP and SPIE, commercial publishers such as Elsevier and Springer, university presses and government agencies
- More than 6 million conference items
- Preprints, books, dissertations, patents, reports and videos
- Links to Inspec Analytics, winner of The Charleston Advisor’s Eighteen Annual Reader’s Choice Award for Best New Product/Service
Engaging, Interactive and Informative
In addition to the core subject areas, Inspec also provides significant coverage in related disciplines such as materials science, oceanography, nuclear engineering, geophysics, biomedical engineering and many more.
Specialized Indexing and Inspec Classification
Expert indexing includes thesaurus terms, free indexing, classification, treatment codes, numerical data indexing, chemical substance indexing, astronomical object indexing and IPC codes. Inspec Classification is a powerful search tool, which enables you to limit your search to predetermined sections of the Inspec database.
Access global, peer-reviewed material in publications from more than 68 countries from both English and non-English sources.
Inspec Analytics is a dynamic new research intelligence tool based on the IET’s Inspec database. Using semantic enrichment, Inspec Analytics enables research professionals to explore beyond the literature in Inspec to identify and compare research trends across thousands of organizations and scientific concepts at both local and global levels. With these insights, users can set the direction for their research outputs and monitor their impact.
A link to search Inspec Analytics appears on the EBSCOhost or EBSCO Discovery Service results page and in each detailed record. Users can click the link to launch Inspec Analytics in a new browser window.
Focus on Current Research Trends
Inspec is the source to turn to for information on current and developing research trends for related subject areas. The IET is registered as a Charity in England & Wales (no 211014) and Scotland (no SC038698).