Help Students Gain a Deeper Understanding of U.S. Places and People
United States Geography provides award-winning information in an engaging, visual format that helps students gain a deeper understanding of the places and people that make up the United States. Whether the curriculum requires focusing on an individual state or the nation as a whole, this database has been created in collaboration with scholars, educators, and librarians to meet every student's state geography needs.
With advanced search functionality and other interactive features, users can access valuable additional content such as biographies of important political and cultural icons, contemporary and historic Americans, and environmental figures. Other features include:
- A highly visual interface designed to engage researchers and meet the needs of different students by offering multiple ways to search an extensive collection
- Analysis of significant dilemmas, such as "To what extent should the federal government preserve or conserve natural resources?"
- CLIOview, unique to ABC-CLIO, an integrated toolkit that creates custom graphs for easy data analysis
- Basic and advanced search options to return the most relevant results
- Standards-based curriculum updated daily by a team of subject-specific editorial experts and supported by an extensive range of instructional material
- Academic Success Corner with resources to help students develop reading, writing and research skills
- Educator Support Site containing valuable professional development tools, curriculum guides, lesson plans and more