- Full-text coverage for more than 200 journals
- Indexing for more than 1,800 journals from 1895 to the present
- Coverage for some titles back to the 19th and early 20th centuries
- Citations and links to book and media reviews
- Abstracts in English of articles published in more than 40 languages
- Chronological indexing and ability to limit searches chronologically
The Definitive History Database for the United States and Canada
Strong English-language journal coverage is balanced by an international perspective on topics and events. Abstracts are available in English, which were originally published in a variety of languages.
America: History and Life with Full Text Alumni Edition covers key journals in the discipline, state and local history publications, and selected articles from scholarly journals in the social sciences and humanities.
In addition to standard search features, this database allows for searching by time period, an essential feature given the extensive range of its coverage.