OpenAthens is a single sign-on service that allows end-users to log in just once to all their library’s electronic resources using a single set of credentials.
OpenAthens range of value-added consultancy services for publishers can help you improve user experience and support your business goals.
- Enables your business to grow – Easily scalable to accommodate a wide range of customers in different industries and countries worldwide. Many organizations in education and research, healthcare, pharmaceutical and commerce are choosing federated single sign-on solutions such as OpenAthens.
- Greater market intelligence – Find out more about types of users (eg. student, staff or researcher), what content they are interested in and how they are discovering, accessing and using it (favorites, saved searches, annotated content). You’ll also be able to track user journeys to your content (eg. via Google search, library system, or direct article link).
- An exceptional user experience – OpenAthens creates a consistent, personalized user experience, creating more opportunities for users to discover, access and engage wherever they are. Users can also get straight to your content through article-level links.
- Protects user privacy and your content – Secure exchange of encrypted anonymous user data protects the user’s identity and privacy. OpenAthens complies with ISO security standards and can help identify any misuse or license breach which isn’t possible with IP-based access. For example, it continually monitors the service to identify large numbers of transfers.
Please refer to technical documentation for more information.
If demand for OpenAthens is growing amongst your customers, reach out to email@example.com. Federated access means quicker, more streamlined set-up for customers who adopt OpenAthens, among other benefits. If your platform does not support federated single sign-on and your customers are demanding it, OpenAthens Keystone can help bridge that gap.
Implementing federated single sign-on can be technically complex and challenging. OpenAthens offers a range of tailored support solutions that will help you with the complex technical aspects of authentication set-up and systems integration.
As the leading experts in federated single sign-on services worldwide, OpenAthens can help you:
• Manage and navigate pre-setup requirements
• Free up your teams’ time to focus on other essential work
• Access technical support
In addition to your annual support and maintenance subscription, our team of experts can help you with:
• Platform and software migration
• User experience health check
• Marketing support
OpenAthens subscription and consultancy services are available on a sliding scale according to your organization size.
OpenAthens Wayfinder is an organization discovery service that enables end-users to easily find their organization to log in using geo-location or by typing their email address into a simple search box.
The hosted version is free to any publisher or library platform provider. An embedded and pop-up version is also available as part of our Keystone service.
Identity federations are where you will find customers that buy institutional subscriptions and site licenses.
The OpenAthens Federation is the only one in the world that accepts participation from any country and sector. Customers may include universities, colleges, hospitals and healthcare organizations, government departments, corporations and multinationals. It is one of the largest identity federations globally and currently supports over 2,600 customers.
Without federated single sign-on, each customer requires its own specific connection and this can result in a lot of management and maintenance. Federations standardize the interchange between the institution and the publisher, streamlining the connection process for each customer who wants single sign-on to your platform. Keystone takes that to another level by doing all the hard work for you.