Technology and Business Partnerships
Our applications have the ability to work within all different ecosystems. Through web services and APIs, we interface with a multitude of third-party solutions to create integrated applications, providing a more streamlined experience for our customers.
EBSCO is always looking to expand our technology partnerships to create better integration paths and user experiences for mutual or potential customers. We work with:
- Integrated library systems (ILS): EBSCO partners with dozens of ILS vendors worldwide to give libraries a choice of interfaces.
- Learning management systems (LMS): Our products easily integrate with LMS environments to import courseware.
- Electronic health records (EHR): Our services can easily integrate with EHR solutions.
- Search engines: We work with search engine providers to re-direct library users from the open web to a library’s resources.
- API development: We can implement searching directly into a website or discovery environment (third-party proprietary or open source) with APIs.
- Open source: Our products can be integrated with many open source solutions, including VuFind, Kuali OLE, Black Light, Koha and more.
We look for opportunities to develop mutually beneficial business partnerships, exploring new market opportunities and creating more effective go-to-market strategies. Examples include:
- Acting as a re-seller of valuable third-party products by leveraging our extensive international sales and marketing teams and our global market penetration
- Creating bundle packaging or product integration for expanded market opportunities
- Providing significant contributions to open source publications
- Making EBSCO content available to partners for use in product enhancements